Sunday, 7 June 2015

Making Predictions

WALT: make predictions about what I read

Task
Create a ‘movenote’ or a show me on the ipad to share your learning. Take a photo of the book you are reading and record your predicitons about the story. Then record yourself reading a page or 2. Were your predicitons correct? Did you have to change them as you read?
Remember to show your learning, check the success criteria… Have you reached your goal?

Success Criteria:
  • I use the title, the blurb and the pictures to make predications.
  • I use what I have already read to make predications.
  • I have included a picture of the book I am reading.
  • I read in a clear voice. 


How I am going
I use the title, the blurb and the pictures to make predications.
Kerri thinks

I use what I have already read to make predications.
Kerri thinks


I have included a picture of the book I am reading.
Kerri thinks


 I read in a clear voice. 
Kerri thinks

Reflection

I really like: when you read half of the book and then you get to guess what might happen next.

I think I need to practice: making my reading sound like talking.

Something that really helped me was: practising reading our book at school and then reading it at home with my family.

Kerri thinks
Wow Carter, what a champion reader you have become! Using the pictures, title and the blurb to make predictions before you start reading help you to understand the story better.  As you read, using what you have read to keep on thinking about what is going to happen next to help your story to keep making sense. Your next step is to make your reading sound like talking as stories become longer and more complex. Reading at school and at home will help you.


No comments:

Post a Comment