We are learning about Rangatiratanga (Leadership and initative).
This is what we think Rangatiratanga is...
- Helping new kids –showing them what to do and where things are
- Doing something without being asked
- Solving problems for ourselves… thinking
- Leading by example… showing by doing
- It is not being a bossy boots
Rangatiratanga (Leadership and Initiative) - it is all about thinking and making some choices for ourselves.
We need to think for ourselves!!
I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initative) in the classroom.
I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initative) in the playground.
I show rangatiratanga in the playground by: joining in games and making sure I included people like when I tagged Ryan and let him tag me.
I show rangatiratanga in the classroom when: when I do my I-time chart in the morning and follow it at maths and reading.
It was really hard when: to do the right thing. Sometimes I get about silly and not play the games properly.