Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Summarising and retelling in order

WALT: summarise by retelling my story in order.

Success Criteria:
  • I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
  • I can record the main ideas, in order
  • I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
  • I am starting to think about what might happen next



How I am going

I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
Kerri thinks



I can record the main ideas, in order
Kerri thinks



I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
Kerri thinks



I am starting to think about what might happen next
Kerri thinks



Reflection

Summarising by retelling my story in order helps me because: helps my reading to make sense. I can check the ideas are in order.

It was really hard when: when there is long words and you have to sound them out and come back to it.

Something that really helped me was: practise at home and at school. My favourite person to read with is my dad.

Something new I learned was: there is more than one way to work out tricky words - read on and read back, use the pictures, look for bits in the word that you already know.

Kerri Thinks
To be able to retell the story you have to really understand what you have read. You can add ideas to our group chats and listen to others. This is telling me that you are really thinking hard about your reading and that your stories are making sense to you.
Remember to make sure you use lots of different strategies for working out new and tricky words. Sounding them out is what you love to do but have a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment