Monday, 14 September 2015

Writing to describe

Writing
In High5 we have been practising writing to describe. That means we are trying to get the reader to see what we see, we are using our words to create a picture. We have been adding details to our writing to help make the picture clearer.

Task:
Our job is to do this planning and write our own story about a person in our family that is special to us.

Success Criteria:
  • I planned my writing 
  • I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
  • I did some fixing
My writing:

How I am going

I planned my writing
Kerri thinks



I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
Kerri thinks



I did some fixing by myself
Kerri thinks



Reflection

My favourite part was: planning my story because it gives me more ideas to write about in my story.

It was really hard: to put the full stops in the right place. It is also tricky to check for full stops.

Something that really helped me was: doing my plans so I can add more details about my dad.

Something new I learned was: it is important to add more details so my story makes more sense.

Kerri Thinks
What a fantatic reflection Carter, you are thinking hard about your learning. I am plesed that writing plans has helped you because I know this is a type of writing that you have been finding difficult. It can be really tricky to put your full stops in the correct place. Remember to keep on rereading your writing and thinking about where your idea ends, where you want to take a breath, that is where to put the full stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment